Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday, October 25, 2009

I woke up this morning thinking about how I was enjoying my BFC program and that I did not feel deprived like I have with other programs. I even felt deprived on the Atkins diet. I'd start out loving it and with good results, then I'd start feeling pouty (not really a word, but it should be!) about not being able to have certain items. I'm not feeling that way at this point. I will let you know when I do, so you can guide me back to the non-deprived side; which is satisfied, I guess.

Anyway, I began wondering if those of you that are reading my experiences might think I was obsessing over this new program. I then considered the difference between obsessive and committed and decided to google it. As a side note, did you know you could go to google.com and put in the words: define commitment OR define obsessive and you don't even have to go into any of the results to get the definitions. I just learned that and think it is so cool.

I looked up the following:

Commitment: trait of sincere and steadfast fixity of purpose; of energy and purpose

Obsessive: Excessive in degree or nature

Excessive: Beyond normal limits

I decided that I am more committed than obsessive after thinking about the definitions of each. I have an amazing energy and purpose regarding the BFC program. I do not think I have gone "beyond normal limits". While learning anything new I believe it takes more energy and fixity in the early stages of the game. Jorge's thought about this is that it is like riding a bike for the first time. You get on the bike and you wobble from side to side or maybe even fall off. With great determination you keep on until you are finally able to ride even without the training wheels! You can let me know when or if you think I have.

I do have a tip for the day; Mark and I both love Arnold Select Pre-Sliced Multi-Grain Sandwich Thins. One roll has 2 sugars and 2 carb servings (2/2) and they are delicious. I do not feel deprived about not having a hamburger roll or McDonald's biscuit. Anyway, there are 8 in a bag and cost about 2.50 a bag. We had one for brunch with eggs, mushrooms, bacon, and pepper jack cheese and are going to have one with hamburgers later on today for dinner. Be sure and get the multi-grain because they have 5 g of fiber in each roll.

I've taken pictures of some of my breakfasts that I've prepared and will upload some of the shots as soon as I get my camera cord back from Haley or purchase a new one.

I'm getting ready to go downtown to look for a Natural Foods store I found on the Internet, so have a good Sunday and I'll be back tomorrow. I can hardly wait for tomorrow evening as I will be online with Jorge and my group which happens to have people in it from all over the world.

Instant Health is my Divine right and I claim it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment