Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Today is a better day. It is no longer pouring rain and really isn't all that cold. It was 51 on our way into work and I carried my coat in the door with me. I never really know what's in store for me weather-wise at the end of the day.

After work last night, Mark and I stopped by the PriceChopper near our apt. to pick up our favorite low carb tortillas and could not find in. 45 minutes later, after stopping at Hannafords, then driving to the PriceChopper on the other side of Saratoga Springs, we had our tortillas and were on our way home. I wanted to buy up the inventory, but Mark kept a calmer head and we only purchased 2. You have to definitely read the label on the tortillas. I've been told in the past to choose multi-grain because it is better for you. However, we've found this brand, and I cannot remember the name with the exception of it having a big -X- in the middle that have 9 g of carbs per tortilla. I could conceivably have 4 tortillas and still only have consumed 2 carb servings. We elected to have a quesadilla last night and had 2 each. They were absolutely delicious. So, for 3 servings of carbs we had bean, cheese, chicken quesadillas with chips and salsa on the side. It was really filling and I almost couldn't eat my whole one. I somehow managed to because I need to consume all 6 of my carb servings, although only 6.

I am more accepting today. I realized last night, when we were on our frantic search for these yummy tortillas that I was not drawn toward cakes and cookies. I realized I really don't care if I have this anymore. What I want is an amazing avocado, not a stringy one, and that will make my day! I know you must be thinking I should be careful with the avocado because it has so much fat, but guess what? We are not counting our fats because fat doesn't make you fat, sugar does.

So, today I feel contented and tell myself that slow and steady wins the race. The truth is that there is no finish line so this isn't a race. This is a lifestyle change and a path I want to be on for the rest of my life. Do I think I'll never put over 15 grams of sugar in my body in one day? The answer to that is no. I am giving myself permission to do that if I want to. The main idea here is that I am now aware of what I put in my body and if I do put more sugar in it, then I need to do it in moderation. Interestingly enough, I'll be excited to add fruits back into my program because at this point in the program we are excluding fruits because of their high sugar count. What is interesting is that clients on the BFC blog are having problems attempting to cut the sugar out. Mark and I are having fun seeing how little sugar we can consume and giving ourselves ice cream sandwiches and still remain under the 15 grams of sugar.

Have a good Thursday and dance before you go to bed.

Tip of the day is to be sure and read the labels of your food. It may surprise you that you are denying yourself something, in the name of health, and it is really better for you and will be satiating.

Instant health is my Divine right and I claim it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment