Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday, October 27,2009

Good morning all. Have you danced this morning?

This week's lesson was mainly about sugar. To give you a really short recap, the 3 top deadly killer diseases are 1) Cardiovascular, 2) Cancer, and 3) Type II Diabetes. There is an eerie correlation between the increase in the amount of sugar consumption to the amount of people developing or dying from one or more of these diseases. Sugar consumption dropped during WWI and WWII and so did the rate of disease.

Our ancestors ate very little sugar and quite a lot of fat and they did not have the incidents of disease we currently have.

The other thing; don't even think about switching to drinks with saccharin, aspartame, etc., because that is really bad for your neurological system. Splenda is made with chlorine and destroys the healthy bacteria you are supposed to have. Equal causes brain imbalances and saccharin cancer. There is a book called Excitotoxins: The Taste that Kills. I am going to see if it is available for checkout at our library and read it to further horrify myself.

From now on I am sticking to water, tea, Sobe Water, Fuze, and Zevia (for when I really need the experience of a cola). Too bad Mark and I are not coffee drinkers because Jorge made an amazing drink last night using coffee, Jay Robb whey protein, purevia and ice. He then put Redi-Whip on top and then sprinkled Ghirardelli unsweetened chocolate on top. Come to think of it, I am going to try this drink and let you know how it turns out for me.

Xylosweet, truvia, purevia, maltitol sweeteners; everything with "tol" ingredients are the better choices for you. I am going to make Jorge's brownies to give out at Halloween. I do not want even small candy bars in the house this year!

We spent the last few moments talking about bowel movements. Yes, we talked about POOP! It was great. Jorge had play dough models of the size and shape of poop that should be occurring and those that can. If you can visualize for the moment; he had what he called Marble poop, and that poo (that's what we call it) was little balls and reminded me of rabbit poo. There was Pencil poop and that is poo that comes out in long thing shapes. The next type was Baby poop and that is poo that comes out in little small pieces. Then the Normal poop was about the size of a long icee, only it's even better if it is in an "S" shape. This whole section of class reminded me of Jean Anne and Connie (relatives of mine) that shared with me that boys liked to try and poo letters of the alphabet and how proud they are to have big long ones. Wow; I guess those boys were getting plenty of fiber.

Jorge also discussed how to get the poos coming. Many people have had constipation since they began the program. His recommendation is to purchase Benefiber and Pro-Biotic pills. Mix the benefiber (a little less than a TBLS) with SoBe water and drink and take 2-3 pills at the same time. I went out to Wal-Mart last night and purchased those items and Mark and I have both had a serving last night and this morning. I think Mark has what Jorge calls false body fat syndrome.

Jorge has a Belly Fat Cure book coming out December 28, 2009.

I do believe Mark thinks I am trying to kill him. He's kind of been pouty this week. He realized Dr. Peppers have 2-3 days worth of sugar in one can and the diet drinks are as bad or worse than sugar. He's not taking to Zevia, at least not the orange one. Hopefully he will like the zevia cola. I think it is pretty good actually.

Today's tip is if you are not getting your daily 30 grams of fiber, then you will probably want to add the concoction I mention above to you daily routine morning and night.

Dance and play your tambourine! Instant health is my Divine right and I claim it now.

Time to go hither.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you started this blog! I just finished a little dance session with my 5yr old.. but mostly it was me dancing and singing and him just looking at me like "Mom's Gone Nuts".

    Keep up the good work and the beautiful posts!

    ReplyDelete