Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween, October 31, 2009

It's later today because Mark and I took a road trip to Rutland VT to explore an astronomy corn maze. Mark loves astronomy so I thought it would be cool. The biggest surprise of the trip was the fact that they had hidden 8 different shape hole punchers out in the 12 acre field and if you found all 8, you were entered into a raffle for a telescope.

We were so excited because we found the first 3 shapes in about 20 minutes. We then spent another hour or so looking for the rest. We ended up giving up with 5 punches. The maze had hills in it!

When we got out of the maze we felt like we had been wondering around for a full day, instead of an hour and a half.

We are home now and sore all over. I am enjoying a glass of wine, because I had carbs left, and am watching the UT - OSU game on tv. We missed having little spooks and goblins. I believe this is the first Halloween in my whole life where I didn't have 3-4 bags of candy left over for Mark and I me to give away or consume.

Tip: You don't have to consume large amounts of sugar or carbohydrates when out to dinner. We had brocolli, mushrooms, salad bar, and prime rib with 2 stuff shrimp. I took the stuffing out of my shrimp and made appropriate choices at the salad bar.

Being healthy is a Divine gift from my Higher Power and I gratefully accept it!

No comments:

Post a Comment