Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sunday, November 1, 2009

I've had a good day. This weekend is the first weekend I've eaten out since I've been on the BFC program. I believe I made good choices, but still feel fairly full. I do know that I want to put more greens in my food plan.

Since Jorge gave us a brownie recipe, I had this great idea that I would do a makeover on the Kane family Devil's Food Cake recipe for Charisse's birthday. For the most part it was a success, with the exception of the icing. I am unsure how to get the smooth texture of Kane Cake icing. Mark just tried one and said it tasted fairly good, but the icing was grainy. I've put up a post on our comments page to see if someone can give me a suggestion.

I thought I wanted to put together a cook book with original family recipes and the healthy alternatives for me and all 3 of my girls. However, I'm going to have to improve on my understandings of appropriate substitutions for things like powdered sugar.

Tip for today. Remain aware of what you are eating and as a rule of thumb 1) choose your protein, 2) choose your fat, I love butter, olive oil, avocados, and 3) determine what carbs you are going to have and make them rich in fiber!

Being healthy is a Divine gift from my Higher Power and I gratefully accept it!

I still feel motivated and empowered. I hope this is a telling week. I already know I feel better sticking with the BFC program. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment