Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday, November 2, 2009

Tonight we covered Turning your kitchen into a Fat Losing Station. I feel very comfortable that Mark and I are following the program and not considering this a diet, but a lifestyle change. That is the difference; we are more aware and can make better choices and cut down our sugar intake.

I absolutely love orange juice, cran-raspberry, cran-grape, grape, juices of literally all kinds. Over the past 3 weeks it has really been brought homee to me how bad those things are for me. I was unaware that drinking juice was even worse than drinking a coca cola. Then I turned back to diet drinks, only to find that artificial sweeteners are eally bad for me as well. I had already figured that out when I worked with Gary in Austin at Enlightened Weigh, but I started being aware and realized that my body ached more after consuming a diet cola. I have now made the switch to Zevia, which is sweetened with stevia, a natural sweetener that has 0 grams of sugar in it.

It's been easier to make the choice of non-sugar items and the reason why follows. Take a few minutes and listen to Jorge with Dr. Oz. I do not want to shave 15 years off of my life; and I was headed that way. Everytime I think of a candy bar or coke, I think of a killer lurking.


If watching this video isn't enough of a wake up call, I believe the next wake up call will be much more serious and maybe even tragic. Eat Belly GOOD foods and not Belly BAD! I love it when Jorge says that. I am still having fun finding different types of food that is Belly GOOD.

Tip for the Day: Keep chocolate out of reach of small dogs that can climb on a chair that is pulled up to the table and retrieve treats that are not good for them.

Being healthy is a Divine gift from my Higher Power and I gratefully accept it.

1 comment:

  1. Try the SoBe Lifewaters. They taste like watered down juice at first, but then they taste great after that. I bought several, but have only had two so far. I felt like Jorge was in a bit of a hurry last night, what about you?

    ReplyDelete