Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thursday, November 5, 2009

I finally received 2 of my books from Amazon; Excitotoxins and Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess. I have not done much weight lifting and did not realize how much you use your knees. Immediately I thought that maybe it was one more book that I purchased that will sit on the shelves. Then I reconsidered. I can start slowly and work my way up. I still have one more book on weight lifting coming and I believe it is geared more toward a slightly older crowd.

Look at the following clip to understand how the knees are involved. It is in slow motion so you can really get an idea. I still want to do the weight lifting and know that as I lose weight, my knees will not have as much weight body wise, so I hope to be able to lift it in weights instead.
Enjoy!



I still want to find the My Virtual Body link and have an idea about showing my weight loss visually, since I am a visual person. If anyone knows where the My Virtual Body website is, please let me know.

Tip for today is to purchase multi-grain bread products and stay away from white highly processed products. A word of caution is to always look at the sugar and carb count, we found a tortilla that was way higher in sugar and carbs that was labeled as multi grain, while a one labeled as wheat allows for 2 tortillas per 18 grams of carbs, no sugar, so that is a 0/1.

Being healthy is a Divine Gift from my Higher Power and I gratefully accept it.

2 comments:

  1. Dale, I just found your blog and hope you get this. I just posted this link in a comment on the Me and Jorge blog as well. Check out www.weightmirror.com website to create a visual of you at your desired weight. It's pretty neat! And thanks for sharing your thoughts in this blog. I, too am an emotional eater and have found it much harder to limit my carbs than the sugar. I had recently switched to agave nectar and stocked up on that because it has a lower glycemic index. Was really bummed when I found out I could only use it very sparingly but have pretty well made the switch to stevia. I have started to separate products I will no longer eat because of the added sugar and will donate them to holiday food drives. Hang in there, you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try this site for my virtual model.
    http://www.mvm.com/cs/shopForLooks/Default.aspx?endpoint=personalize&track=35

    Thanks for your inspirational blog. I hope to lose lots of weight too.

    ReplyDelete