Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday, November 8, 2009

I've been to a soup swap and to watch the Giants - San Diego game at 2 different friends' home. What I do know, is that I really didn't go prepared. The hostesses of the Soup Swap picked up healthy enough looking food, but quite a bit of fruit and dips. And, not knowing the S/C values of items, while aware, I didn't know if I was for sure making good choices.

When we went to see the Giants' game today, Dona fixed popcorn. Since Mark and Joe turned it down, I ended up eating 1 or 2 carbs worth of popcorn. We did turn down wings and came home to a bacon and egg sandwich which did hit the spot.

I want to watch my sugars and carbs. I do know that it is easier to do when I control the food purchases and servings. While I think I made good choices, I still feel blue tonight. When I attempt to discern why, the only thing that comes up is the fact that I HAVE to count anything. I want it to be effortless. I am being pouty and feeling sorry for myself. I hate feeling sorry for myself. It sucks. I want to embrace getting healthy and the choices and energy it takes to take care of myself, so why so blue? I'm unsure. Maybe I'll have more insight tomorrow.
Cowboys look good so far.

Tip. Take your own drink when you go to your friends'. You can also take your own protein and other items to take care of yourself. If you don't, then make the best choice you can and don't beat yourself up, get back on the program when you get home.

Being healthy is a Divine gift from my Higher Power and I gratefully accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment