Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I had a computer meltdown the first of the week so I went out and purchased a laptop so I could be sure and not miss class, blogs, and motivational material while assuring I don't mess up my work computer going to assorted sites. It has become a part each day to share my life experiences, mainly about my current life style changes and get information to help keep me rolling in the right direction.

A friend of my sister's, that I reconnected with on facebook that I haven't seen for 30 years or more suggested that from now until Thanksgiving that we indicate what we are thankful for on a daily basis. I want to share with you all that I am thankful for picking up a First Women Magazine and finding the article written about Jorge Cruise and his BFC program. I wanted to be selected as one of the 20 that got free counseling until Christmas about his program. I then decided I could not wait until Oct. 31 because I wanted to be part of the 12 week program that had started 4 days earlier. I am so thankful that I joined on October 22nd and have been able to make a life style change, eat healthy, and get and share ideas with others from our class. I am grateful that I am able to purchase the foods, pills, fiber, protein drinks, Sobe Waters and Mint Water in order to make this lifestyle change.

I am thankful that I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes so I would finally be serious about making such a change. I've cut down on my zoloft dosage and have shown no signs of being anxious or blue. I'm pretty sure the diet drinks and sugar played a good role in my feelings of listlessness and anxiety.

Tip: Keep the meals simple. Tonight, we put together a bean soup, a shrimp and cheese quesadilla, a salad composed of Boston butter lettuce, baby spinach, avocado, and cheese with a little bit of Girard's Champagne Dressing. It was all delicious and we could hardly eat it all. It took about 20 minutes to make this meal.

While I was sauteing the shrimp with Old Bay Seasoning, butter, olive oil, and pepper, I realized the reason I didn't cook much when we were a family of 5 is that I had a belief system that I had to put together a meal of protein, 2 vegetables, or 1 with 1 fruit, dessert, and bread. It was exhausting and the prospect of the time and energy it would take was overwhelming, so I usually ended up letting Mark cook or suggesting we eat out.

Being Healthy is a Divine Gift from my Higher Power and I gratefully accept it!

Keep your meals simple; at least for the day in and day out regular meals.

1 comment:

  1. Your dinner sounds great Dale! Recipe for the bean soup? And the Shrimp quesadillas too! Id love a detailed post with what all you used the S/C. Id make it! Amber

    ReplyDelete