Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday, November 6, 2009

Hey all. Mark and I visited with a co-worker tonight. Although Jorge contends that you can follow the BFC when eating out, it is much harder for me to remain within the carb guidelines. Our friend had ezekiel bread, cole slaw, soup with beans, corn, celery, etc., ham, cheese, hummus, and chips.

It was delicious. I had only 3 carbs left tonight, so I'm pretty sure I went over it by some. I had 2 glasses of wine, 1 piece of ezekiel bread, 2 slices of ham, 1 slice cheese, soup, cole slaw, lettuce, hummus, 10 Garden of Eatin chips (which are fabulous by the way). I'm pretty sure it was more like 4 carbs, instead of 3. I feel a little discouraged, but don't want to. I was aware of what I put in my mouth and made sure I only used 1 piece of bread, not 2, and counted my chips. I need to remember that slow and steady wins the race and that I do not like feeling deprived, so I made good choices and put good food in my mouth. Nothing high in sugar!
I think an important thing for me at this point is to realize that all is not lost if I continue 15/6 in the morning, instead of throwing in the towel and thinking I can't do it. I enjoyed my meal and time with my friend and the weight will eventually come off if I am 15/6 95% of the time.
I have not turned my kitchen into a fat burning station yet. There are chocolate chips, jellies, and a few other items that need to go. I struggle with getting rid of food items that are still good.
I leave you with Jorge's modified mantra:
Being healthy is a Divine gift from my Higher Power and I gratefully accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment