Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday, November 9, 2009

I just finished watching the live stream of Jorge's Week 4 class. I am NOT getting enough fiber and water. I also quit filling in my tracker because I thought I had a handle on how to track without it.

I was already doing 2 teaspoons of benefiber and pro-biotic pills twice a day. I didn't realize I was supposed to be counting that as a carb and I haven't been. While I've lost a little weight and inches it is not the 10-13 pounds per week. And as I mentioned before, I have more than 60 pounds to lose to get to my goal weight.
I told myself it was because I had been counting carbs since September 16th, so I was not losing the same big amount other people were. This is what I learned tonight:

1. Since I have 30-60 or more pounds to lose, I could be losing 10-13 pounds per week unless I am not following the program or I am sabotaging myself.

2. I was not paying enough attention to fiber. For some reason I thought that if I consumed 6 carb servings a day and had the 2 daily servings of Fiber and Pills that was all it would take for my belly fat to shrink before my eyes.

I am not discouraged though. I have learned how to count sugars and carbs and not feel deprived; I feel more free actually. Now, it is time for me to pay more attention to the fiber. My husband definitely has what Jorge calls false belly fat; that's probably what 90% of his is. I am sure I have both. When I mentioned to Mark that the benefiber takes a carb he was pretty pouty about it and made the following statement; Too bad we opened this new Benefiber we could take it back!
You see, he has only recently swapped his coveted Dr. Peppers for Zevia and Fuze. We both like our carbs and he is currently not wanting to give up a carb for the fiber. He is on his own on that one, because I am definitely continuing with the fiber and I am going to also up my intake of pro-biotic pills.
While I was writing down notes in class and after I realized that I am not losing as I could, I decided I am going to renew my commitment to keep the daily tracker. Added to that is a resolve to increase my daily fiber. I'm not sure what I think of Jorge's Big Green Drink, which is pre-biotic and will help my pets remain healthy (BGD for the BFC!) but I think it is worth a shot. I am pretty sure that I destroyed every pet bug I have in my stomach over the years because of the amount of sugar, diet drinks, healthy juice and bananas I've had almost all of my life.
The other thing I am going to do is to follow a week's worth of menus from the 4 sets of menus we have, incorporating as much fiber as I can and still feel satiated. I will state now that I do love animal products!
If you want to have a healthy immune system and daily bowel movements and think you probably don't, I suggest this 3-step tip:
1) Drink 1 oz of water for every 2 lbs of body weight (I haven't been doing this one)
2) Eat at least 30 grams of fiber every day. (Probably been doing more like 25-30)
3) Re-establish my stomach's pet bugs. (I've been working on this with benefiber and pro-biotic pills; I am going to step it up!)
Be sure and check out jorgeandme.blogspot.com for great information about food products and for more encouraging information regarding the loss of belly fat.
Being healthy is a Divine Gift from my Higher Power and I gratefully accept it!
Oh - I have another tip. Be kind to yourself this Holiday Season and find non-food ways to pamper yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment